Sunday, January 30, 2011

EDAD 536 first class

My favorite part of the first day of class was learning that there are on-line schools being created around the world.  Using technology as a way of differentiating instruction and making learning more accessible is definitely the wave of the future.  I am very interested to learn more about schools without structures or the hybrid schools Gary described in class.

My anxiety level rose significantly when I heard that we would be setting up "blogs."  The pre-assessment also stressed me out until I began using a humorous approach and stopped worrying that I did not know how to describe even the few terms I was familiar with.   As someone who did not start using a computer until graduate school, I am on a steep learning curve and nervous but excited for this opportunity to catch up a bit.

As I consider what my project will be, I think I would like to become more proficient at using Google Docs, Google mail and the Google "forms" that can help me streamline communications and decrease my use of paper surveys and information.

Last night I saw the movie Social Network, which was quite fascinating on many levels.  I have only recently joined Facebook and do not use it very often.  I look forward to a great deal of learning and increased confidence as a result of the class. This is my first experience with a blog.  To my surprise, I am now a Blogger!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on becoming a blogger! I'm hoping it's a pleasant experience. I so appreciate your honest, candid comments in this first blog. I'm planning to discuss this more on Tuesday, but I really want to learn what all of you need from this class, and try to adapt what I'm planning to address those. You've stated a couple here (Google Docs, Google forms) so be sure to share those. Great to have you in class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you feeling like the learning curve with technology is steep. I do appreciate the step-by-step support so far in this class. Good luck and let's have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to learn Google Docs as well so maybe we can try and learn together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will really like facebook. It is great to stay connected to friends and family out of state.

    ReplyDelete